Radnor Range Limited was established in 2006. The origin of the range dates back to the 1920’s when it was part of the defence arm of Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI). It subsequently became part of ICI’s subsidiary Imperial Metal Industries (IMI) and was latterly utilised during the development of the majority of rocket motors produced by the UK defence sector during the last 50 years, along with a number of other weapons systems.
In 1989 and in compliance with newly introduced regulations Radnor was licenced by the Health and Safety Executive as an explosive factory site for the manufacture and storage of explosives.
As part of its on-going evolution, the company is now accredited to ISO 9001-2015, ISO 14001-2015, UKAS 17025, and is a Ministry of Defence (UK) supplier and an approved MoD training range (for further details see Accreditations).